Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You mean there's more?

I was working a flight the other day to Los Angeles. Having been with my company for almost 15 years,  I know most of the flight attendants at my base. The majority of them know me from my role of activism and unionism on a local level. Many of them have been through the journey with me from ill health and being at death's door, to the Phoenix rising from the ashes once again to don his F/A wings and get  back on board an aircraft.
This particular trip I was flying was with a lot of people I hadn't flown with before. Most of them had recently transferred to New York from various bases around our system. At the beginning of the flight while I was doing my introductions a few of the flight attendants said, "I know your name". I smiled and wondered. Would it be from the position I held within our Union or was it from the fantastical story of my roller coaster ride with my health issues.
It was abit of each.
One Flight Attendant, who had recently transferred in from Washington DC, actually knew my living kidney donor,  Cindy. The other Flight Attendant had transferred from Los Angeles and knew of me from a very vocal position as a Union Rep.
At the end of her five hours and 41 minute trek to Los Angeles we decided to get together in the bar of our short  layover hotel and have a happy hour glass of wine. We talked shop and then the questions came out about my transplant.
To tell the full story of the transplant, I can't just tell about the transplant. It always leads into other questions that people have. One of them that I get very often is how did you make it through all this?
My answer is simple; I considered the alternative unacceptable.
My story as I told it originally on this blog back in November of 2010, is a compacted version of the events that happened. It was my first attempt to get it out to any kind of a readership to start to tell my story. It wasn't until this last trip that I realized I needed to tell each individual part of the story because they all have such amazing facets, drama and emotion.  My crew, even into the next day returning home, stated that after hearing my story and everything I'd been through, it really made them look at life a different way. And that's what I want.
Over the next several weeks here and there, I will detail specific periods of the past nine years of my life and what I went through in detail and how it helped me stay alive.

stay tuned my friends, there is more to come...


Red

2 comments:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete